» Visiting Student Resources
Note To Applicants
Marshall University School of Medicine will accept visiting medical students from non- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited schools only if they can successfully demonstrate strong ties to the immediate Tri-State area. Due to the size of MUSOM, all visiting students will be accepted for a maximum total of eight elective weeks.
Visiting students in good standing at other medical schools are not required to pay tuition, but are responsible for their own personal health care costs /insurance and liability insurance and housing. All Visiting Students must successfully document immunizations prior to the application being considered and passage of the USMLE Step 1.
Elective applications will be accepted from visiting students after June 18. The application, to be completed by the Academic Affairs Office of the respective school and may be obtained by contacting the Marshall University School of Medicine, Office of Academic Affairs, 1600 Medical Center Drive, Huntington, WV 25701. Notification of elective assignments will be sent after July 15.
Resources Specific for Visiting Students
- Visiting Student Application [PDF]
- Course Audit Policy [Word | PDF]
- Visiting Student Checklist [Word | PDF]
- Policies (including those relevant to visiting students, such as the Immunization Form and the Background Check Policy & Procedures)
- 4th Year Required and Elective Courses
- Guide to the 4th Year [Word | PDF]
- 4th Year Grading & Evaluation [PDF]
- Faculty Evaluation of Fourth Year Student Performance (Summative) [Word | PDF]
- 2013-14 Block Planner [Word | PDF]
- MS3 Attendance Policy [Word | PDF]
- MS4 Scheduling Statement of Understanding [Word | PDF]
- Policy and Application for visiting persons who are NOT medical students and/or are NOT taking fourth year medical electives [PDF]