How to Change MARSHALL DOMAIN & OFFICE 365 Password
Please try the following directions from Marshall IT for resetting your password.
You must start with the first step that involves looking up your username even though you may already know it.
You can change your password for your munet account, the one you use for MUOnline, MyMU, the Marshall Domain and the new myMU/office 365 yourself.
If you don’t know your username or password you can go to:
Here you can look up your username and reset that password to a temporary password to use in the password registration.
Once you have reset to a temporary password or if you know the username and password for the new mymu and want to change it you will need to register to change your password to do that please go here:
**Note that you will have to enter your firstname.lastname@example.org in the prompt
This will take you to the page where you will set up your security questions.
After you have registered it will prompt you back to MyMU currently. Once you have registered you can now select “Change Password” or go to:
Creating a Password
- Have both upper and lower case letters.
- Have digits and/or punctuation characters as well as letters.
- Are easy to remember, so they do not have to be written down.
- Are seven or eight characters long.
- Can be typed quickly, so someone else cannot look over your shoulder and learn it.
Do Not Include:
- Personal information such as your name, phone number, social security number, birth date or address. Even names of acquaintances and the like should not be used.
- Any word in the dictionary, or based closely on such a word (such as a word spelled backwards).
- A word with letters simply replaced by digits. For example, bl0wf1sh is not a strong password.
- Letter/number combinations that are easy to spot while you're typing them in. Passwords like 12345, qwerty (i.e., all keys right next to each other), or nnnnnn should be avoided.